MsC in Financial Institutions and Financial Markets is aimed at training candidates interested in working in the international finance field. The distinctive features of the MSc curriculum stem from the fact that the module syllabi, learning strategy and assessment are designed by members of staff with high academic credentials, a record of research activity and, equally importantly, international finance experience. So, the aim is the challenge of understanding the issues that companies face competing in the global arena.
MSc International Finance is designed for participants to acquire a solid knowledge of the basics of business finance, the financial system, the capital markets and, complimentarily, to explore the dynamics of the operation of corporate finance, the working of banking entities and stock exchange operators and the financing and investment alternatives that the capital markets offer to private persons, companies and institutions.
The objective is to benefit participants and the organizations that employ them by improving and strengthening their professional management performance. The academic year at CUNEF provides a solid theoretical and practical grounding in the financial environment and analytical skills and tools are acquired to facilitate, develop and familiarize participants with financial decision making in their respective fields of endeavor.
Who is it aim for: The program is designed for students who have completed an undergraduate program in Business, Economics, Finance or other related disciplines (Engineering, Mathematics…) and desire to specialize in International Finance. Full command of English is required.
Objectives: The objective of the program is to provide pre-experience students with the tools needed to understand financing issues of projects and companies across borders. The program provides students the concepts and practical knowledge required to understand global markets. The innovative curriculum design provides students not only with a wider perspective in addressing international finance issues, but also with the skills and experience required to become an effective leader in today´s world. Students will acquire the following skills:
- Deep understanding of international finance complexity.
- Ability to develop and implement international finance planning.
- Be able to communicate effectively, working in teams, managing time and planning work assignments.
- Solid theoretical and practical knowledge in international Finance.
Format: The program has a modular format. Modules provide a detailed overview of the core concepts, theories, and tools that future managers will use when dealing with cross-border financing opportunities and challenges.
- Core modules provide students with a solid applied knowledge of Economics, Corporate Finance, Financial Analysis and Money Markets and Financial Institutions and Markets.
- While specialization modules permit participants to specialize in International Finance.
- Besides, students will have the opportunity to complete their postgraduate education through an international additional period held at London School of Economics (LSE).