The Executive Programme in Corporate Risk Management is a training program aimed at active professionals (with at least three years’ experience) wishing to reinforce and strengthen their executive development by improving their knowledge and professional skills in the “corporate risk management” area. The program is designed so that participants acquire a solid grounding in business finance, the financial system, the capital markets and for them to also enter into greater detail concerning the how corporate risk management works from an integrated corporate perspective.
Nowadays, all business is risky business. The risks deriving from the macroeconomic, financial, geostrategic and geopolitical environment acquire special relevance in the current interconnected and unpredictable business environment. The threats deriving from internal business risks (processes, data protection, protection of assets and installations, actions by people), as well as the risks deriving from the competitive intensity and the constant changes in the rules of the game in the markets make risk management a decisive strategic requirement for all types of companies and organisations.
Adequate risk management has become one of the determining factors in optimising the return for stakeholders to increase the value of the business. The recent global economic-financial crisis has highlighted the importance of adequate risk management, known as Enterprise Risk Management (ERM). And this does not affect only financial entities, but also many other economic sectors (construction and infrastructures, automotive, energy and utilities, etc.). The figure of Chief Risk Officer has gained special importance. The lack of a talent pool with these skills and knowledge makes the future professional endeavours of postgraduates with this specialised training in the area of corporate risk management particularly relevant.
The program allows participants to acquire valuable training, together with the necessary skills to understand the vast scope in the management of risks faced by organisations. The participants will also learn how to create additional value for the organisations through the proactive management of their key risks. Nowadays, companies and corporations from all sectors are including the implementation of ERM policies and tactics as one of their strategic concerns. They aim to improve corporate performance through the correct interaction, quantification and control of the risk associated with the achievement of value.
The objectives of the Executive Programme in Corporate Risk Management are the following:
- To provide the participants with a sound knowledge applied to the financial framework with a special emphasis on the management of enterprise risk.
- To develop the skills in analysis, risk evaluation, generation of value and making financial decisions using the criteria of efficiency and profitability as demanded by today’s competitive environment.
- To address the development of management skills such as leadership, communication, team work, motivation, etc.; necessary for the professional execution of their duties.
- To familiarise the participants with corporate finance decision-making processes through the analysis of a multitude of business cases and scenarios.
- And lastly, the programme also integrates the values and ethical principles, and good corporate practices that are socially committed to the demands of the stakeholders and society in general to form an essential element of the participants’ professional performance.
Students satisfactorily completing and passing all the academic requirements of the programme (30 ECTS) will receive the qualification in Executive Programme in Corporate Risk Management.
|Duration||One academic year (October to July)|
|Study load||30 credits|
End of Programme Project
|Aimed at||Active professionals with at least three years’ professional experience wishing to specialise and reinforce their executive performance.|
|Dedication||Compatible with professional commitments|
|Class times||Friday afternoons (4.30 pm to 9.30 pm)|
Saturday mornings (9.30 am to 2.30 pm)
|Working languages||Spanish and English (participants must be able to actively read and work with documentation written in English)|
|Admissions process||Analysis of CV and personal interview|
|Qualification||Executive Programme in Corporate Risk Management:|
- Mentoring programme.
- Complementary training programme (60 hours) delivered by CFA Spain to prepare for CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) Level I (optional, not included in the price of the programme).
- Specialist Programme in Banking and Financial Consultancy, recognised by the CNMV as a required qualification for professionals providing advice in investment matters (optional, not included in the price of the programme).
- Conferences and specialised events in finance and corporate management.
- International week in London (London School of Economics) – optional activity not included in the price of the programme.
- Job Bank.
- Alumni Association.